Hello, everyone! I know how unusual these are around here, but today I am back with another little video game review! This time I’m reviewing the last Assassins Creed title that came out: Assassins Creed: Syndicate. As always, in case you’re not familiar with the games or the story, here comes the little summary with some details. Enjoy!
Summary: Assassin’s Creed Syndicate is an action-adventure video game developed by Ubisoft Quebec and published by Ubisoft. It was released on October 23, 2015 for PS4 and XB1, and on November 19, 2015, for Microsoft Windows. It is the ninth major installment in the Assassin’s Creed series, and the successor to 2014’s Assassin’s Creed Unity.
The story is set in Victorian era London and follows twin assassins Jacob and Evie Frye as they navigate the corridors of organized crime, take back the city from the Templar control, and look for the Piece of Eden before the Templars find it!
Things I loved about it:
- Plot/Story: I loved the story that developed through the streets of London with the Frye twins and the Rooks in the middle of the Industrial Revolution! The streets of London were controlled by Templars and their gangs until Jacob, Evie and the Rooks came in to free the children, help the people and take over the Templar gang strongholds and their leaders! But besides all the action with the gangs and looking and fighting over the Piece of Eden, I also enjoyed the sibling relationship between Evie and Jacob and how that too developed through the story.
- Setting: The setting for this game was Victorian era Lon
don and I must say that it was amazing! I was big, it had wonderful graphics and visiting some historical places to do some missions was always fun! Something that made me love this setting even more was the difference between day and night. When the sun was up, it was a busy day of working on the river, on the industries and so on, but when the sun went down, everything was possible around the streets of London! Overall, London was a fun place to explore!
- Graphics: Even though I couldn’t get to enjoy the graphics of this game at the best resolution, I can’t deny that the graphics were beautiful. Even with my low settings, the game looked incredibly beautiful!
- Characters: We get to meet many diverse and unique characters through these streets of London and I can’t deny the fact that they were all amazing to play with, fight with and err…kill.
a) Evie and Jacob Frye: while Evie plans and calculatedly stealth her way into places they’re not supposed to be at, Jacob head-butts his way in with his sass, his charms, his sword-cane and his Rooks. They might’ve different approaches on missions through the game, but I can’t deny the fact that I loved them both equally! They were both sassy and fun to play with and they did a great job as siblings through the whole story!
c) Henry Green: I don’t have much to say about Henry besides the fact that her was fun and…I SHIPPED IT SINCE DAY ONE!
d) The Templars: I’m not really going to go into specifics as in to who is who and what they do in order to not spoil anything, but I will say that every single enemy you encounter through this game was worth stealing, stalking, fighting and killing. They all did their job right and the chases, the fights, the events and their reasons were lots of fun to discover and deal with!
- Plot twists: The only plot-twist I will mention about this game is going to be the one that involved Roth. Why? Because it was unexpected and I am still not over it! Also, because I loved it.
Things I hated about it:
- Absolutely nothing! Not even how long it took me to finish it due to the lag my computer had! Not even THAT!
In the end, Assassins Creed Syndicate was amazing and fun to play through. This was my first Assassins Creed game and I admit that it wasn’t as confusing as I thought it’d be because of my little previous knowledge of the series. I found Jacob and Evie’s story to be pretty solid and fun, I loved their sibling relationship and I can’t wait to go back to London to bring justice with the Frye twins for the second time once my computer gets an upgrade!
Anyone else around here excited for the announcement of the next AC title @ E3 2017?
Thanks for passing by & reading! X