Hello, everyone! One of my goals for this year is to read more for myself and less for, you know, reviews and University. I will still do those, obviously, but I also want to read whatever I feel like reading every now and then and that’s why I’m here today sharing with you guys the first part of my tbr for this year! Why the first part? Because the year has barely even started and I have a very strong feeling that this list will change and grow with every passing day and I’d like to share those changes too! I’m really hoping I’m able to read at least half of these books–depending on how horrible this semester is–and I can’t wait to share my thoughts about them with you guys! Enjoy!
1. Baptism of Fire (The Witcher #5) by Andrzej Sapkowski
2. The Tower of the Swallow (The Witcher #6) by Andrzej Sapkowski
3. Lady of the Lake (The Witcher #7) by Andrzej Sapkowski
If you follow my rambles on goodreads or twitter, you won’t be surprised at all by the first three books on this list. What can I say? A girl must finish The Witcher series this year or she’ll continue to suffer, wallowing in the unknown.
4. Truthwitch (The Witchlands #1) by Susan Dennard
Truthwitch has been on my tbr since 2015! Can you believe that four years later I’m finally going to dive into this series? Yeah, me neither. Let’s see how this goes because I’m actually pretty excited!
5. Wicked Saints (Something Dark and Holy #1) by Emily A. Duncan
I’m actually currently-reading an arc of this beauty and even though I’m still at the beginning because I had to pause it for another book I AM MORE THAN READY TO CONTINUE IMMERSING MYSELF IN THIS WORLD! And this is also another reason why I’ll be (hopefully) updating this 2019 tbr every now and then so I can remove what I’ve read already and see if I’ve added more because I know no self control.
6. How to Train Your Dragon (How to Train Your Dragon #1) by Cressida Cowell
I’m weak for the disney movies and I am hoping I end up being just as weak for these books. I really can’t wait to dive in and cry my heart ou–wait WHAT.
7. The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air #1) by Holly Black
I’ve been debating myself for quite sometime now if I should bother reading this book, but it’s 2019 and I really think I should bother buying it and reading it. Wish me luck! I have no idea if I’m ready for it!
8. Pestilence (The Four Horsemen #1) by Laura Thalassa
I was really hoping not to fall for this book or this series but as you guys can see, I AM WEAK. And that’s why this book is on this list.
9. The First Fear (The Empowered Ones #1) by Matthew Olney
Another goal for this year is to read more lesser known authors–yes, more than I already do, thanks–and see if I can find new and wonderful worlds to scream about alone, as usual. This fits for the next three too.
10. Backdraft (Ignition Trilogy #2) by Ezra Linehan-Clodfelter
I’ve had this book on my kindle for like a year or two…sorry about that…but 2019 is going to be THAT year and I’m finally going to read the sequel to Ignition, one of the many books I ended up loving and screaming about alone a couple of years ago.
11. Blackmark (The Kingsmen Chronicles #1) by Jean Lowe Carlson
12. Darkness Forged (Legends of the Ragnarok Era #1) by Matt Larkin
13. Redemption’s Blade (After the War #1) by Adrian Tchaikovsky
Another reading goal is to once and for all reach that 80% on Netgalley. LET’S HOPE I’M NOT TEMPTED WHEN I LOG IN TO GIVE MY FEEDBACK!
14. Storm Glass (Harbringer #1) by Jeff Wheeler
16. Dishonored: The Return of Daud (Dishonored #2) by Adam Christopher
I’m honestly scared to read this book, but I think I’m finally ready to face the fact that this leads to the end of my top favorite video game series so far. I mean, there’s another book after this one, but only one more game and I DON’T NEED THAT KIND OF PAIN RIGHT NOW. I had enough with the spoilers!
17. Mistborn: The Final Empire (Mistborn #1) by Brandon Sanderson
I’ve been dying to read this book (and series) for quite some time now and thanks to my wonderful friend Nashaly who sent me her copies, I believe it’s time to head in and see what Sanderson has in store for me.
18. Jade City (The Green Bone Saga #1) by Fonda Lee
This book has been sleeping on my audible accounts for the last year because I suck with audio books, but I’m more than willing to give it another try this year because the story and narration were on point!
19. Illusion and Indemnity (Lexie Carrigan Chronicles #4) by S. Usher Evans
I was supposed to read this last year, but since the previous book DESTROYED me I decided not to because Evans is way too good at playing with my emotions and I needed to take a breather…only to be destroyed later by other books and even another one of her books but oh well. Point is, I plan on reading this this year. Hopefully before or right after the release date so I can share the goodies with you guys!
And that’s it! They’re a lot of books and I can see myself not being able to read all of them already, but I’ll still try. Here’s hoping I don’t feel the need to dnf any of them for my sanity!
What about you? Any books you’re planning to read (yes or yes) during this year?
Thanks for passing by & reading ! x