It’s been a really long time since I’ve written a post related to Gaming, so, I thought: “Why not talk a little about my hype for Dishonored 2?”. If you guys didn’t know, last year on Christmas, I received Dishonored (the first game) as a gift and guess who ended up loving it. . .yes, me. In case you’re wondering why I loved it, here’s my review: Dishonored.
Now, let’s move on to Dishonored 2. Last year, the announcement/cinematic trailer for Dishonored 2 was released on E3 (you can watch it if you click on the picture up there), and ever since, I’ve been trying not to pull my hair out of my skull. I mean, everything about it looked amazing! And finally, we’ve got new trailers, gameplay footage and information about the game!
Developer: Arkane Studios
Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
Release Date: November 11, 2016.
Webpage: Dishonored 2
Plot: 15 years after The Dunwall Plague, the Empire begins to plunge into chaos after Empress Emily Kaldwin is suddenly dethroned by an ‘otherworldly usurper’ and becomes an outlaw to society. Determined to claim it back, Emily follows the steps of her royal protector, Corvo Attano, in becoming an assassin. Armed with the Outsider’s mark, she intends to reclaim her title and restore power to what had been lost.
Gameplay: After playing as Empress Emily Kaldwin during the prologue of Dishonored 2, players can decide to play either as Kaldwin or Corvo Attano. Players can choose whether to play stealthily, and can finish the game without killing. The developers have stated that there will be a third path, and it is the “no-powers” mode, where you get to decline to bear the Outsider’s mark. This time, the player works to save the Empire of the Isles from an “otherworldly usurper”. Corvo Attano gets to retain his supernatural powers from the previous game, but the upgrading system has been changed to a skill tree with multiple paths and more possible upgrades. Emily Kaldwin will have a different set of powers including “Far Reach” which allows you to travel without physical movement, similar to Corvo’s “blink”, “Shadow Walk” which turns her body into a shadowy cloud that can move swiftly and stealthily, “Mesmerize” which will ‘mesmerize’ your enemies and distract them for a short amount of time, “Domino” which lets you connect your enemies and kill—or knock out—all of them at once, and more!
Reasons why I’m excited about it:
- How could I not? The story is different, the setting is different, we get to play with two familiar characters with different abilities, and we get to meet with new enemies and there is a third path for the game that involves “no powers”!
- Story and action: Dishonored 1 had such an amazing story and development, and it was so full of action that I couldn’t stop playing and yes, I am sure it is going to be the same with this one!
- New setting: I’m really excited to see our new setting Karnaca and see how Emily and Corvo make their way through it, with the plot of the story evolving and changing with every decision they take!
- Outsider: we get to know more about the Outsider and his past!
- Can’t wait to explore and meet new enemies (or allies): can’t wait to explore Karnaca and see if there are others bearing the Outsider’s mark just like Daud, or witches like Granny Rags!
Gameplay Footage: Dishonored 2 E3 2016 Gameplay |Gamescom 2016 Gameplay | Kill the Grand Inventor Trailer | Quekecon 2016 Corvo Gameplay
Gameplay Trailer: E3 2015 Official Trailer | E3 2016 Gameplay Trailer | Book of Karnaca Trailer | Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer
Are you ready? Because I know I am!
Thanks for passing by & reading! x